Apeks has developed unique first stages specifically for use on a twinset. The benefits of this system are that there is a minimised risk of accidental snagging, no hose kinking and easier access to the manifold valves. Each first stage has three medium pressure ports and one high pressure port. They are over-balanced, cold water compatible and extremely robust. TEK3 looks great too!
Not only is the TEK3 suitable for twinset use but it is equally suitable for single cylinder or stage cylinder configurations - offering perfect, snag-free hose positioning.
TEK3 is sold as a complete set with:
- 1 ea. LH TEK3 first stage
- 1 ea. RH TEK3 first stage
- 2 ea. XTX50 second stages
- 1 ea. 2-metre hose
- 1 std. length hose
- 1 ea. regulator necklace
- Compact, solid one-piece body
- Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design - as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 1 HP port and 3 MP ports are all angles downward
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out
- Maximum working pressure is 300 BAR (4350 psi)
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing
- The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage progressive purge is used. Press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc, then press in the center for the full effect of the purge, i.e. when regulator clearing etc.
- The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation.
- Easy-to-grip opening effort control knob keeps the diver in control
- The 2nd stage is manufactured with active protection against infection as all molded parts are produced with an additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mould, yeast and algae.
- A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator
- The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water
Only available with DIN Connector.
For more information click here.
|Type of first stage
||Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed
||Compact, solid one piece body
|Number of HP ports
||1 (7/16" UNF)
|Number of MP ports
||3 (3/8" UNF)
|Environmental Dry Kit
|First stage exterior
||Chrome over marine brass
||Convertible LH or RH
|Type of second stage
|Opening Effort Control Knob
|Integrated Venturi Lever
||Diver Changeable - comes with 2 sets
|Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance
|Overall work of breathing (WOB) scores
||Avg. 0.70 joules/liter
||Yes to 40% O2 when new, out of the box / Can be O2 cleaned to 100%.