The MTX-R is based on the MTX military regulator and is a super tough, rugged, high performance, go anywhere regulator. The MTX-R has excellent cold water
performance and has a greatly reduced risk of free flow. This has been achieved by improving several areas, including an innovative endcap solution that solves
a long-challenged reality for cold-water divers of first stage freeze up. This regulator is designed to meet all aspects of the NEDU (Navy Experimental Dive Unit)
military requirements for diving in very cold water. The MTX-R is highly reliable and also very easy to service out in the field.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Compact environmentally dry sealed diaphragm system completely eliminating the maintenance issues associated with silicone, oil or grease filling.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap& environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Easy to grip DIN hand-wheel or over-moulded yoke hand-wheel, only requires one hand to release.
- DIN, Yoke and M26 Thread available, 300bar, 232bar and M26 300bar (O2) respectively.
- 5 x 3/8” UNF (Unified National Fine) medium pressure ports
- 2 x 7/16” UNF high pressure ports.
- The 5th 3/8” UNFmedium pressure port includes a protective bumper when not in use.
- Forged first stage body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
- Angled HP ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters.
- Forged rotating turret with medium pressure ports in a parallel direction for improved hose orientation.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Tested for Octopus use - EN250A to 60 meters cold water.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible – Up to 40% O2.
- Simple to use with no dive adjustment controls and reduced chance of free flow occurrence, pre-settable cracking effort or venturi control by an Apeks approved qualified technician.
- High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
- Large, diver friendly self-flushing controllable purge button.
- Front cover with over-moulded elastomer incorporates a formed chrome plated brass plate improving durability of the second stage.
- Large protective elastomer bumpers on the side and on the top to protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- Reversible second stage for either a left or right hand gas supply configuration.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees (octopus comes standard with the small tee).
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose.
- Simple service kits
- Colour coded octopus hose.